We surely know a lot of people that don’t have the ability to run on a regular basis because they consider it to be terrible, difficult or even boring. And other people may not be able to run because of sore feet, bad knees, some injuries and joint pain.
If you can be listed among these people, we have the perfect 10 minute exercise that is more efficient in burning calories than running.
The only thing you need is a jump rope. It will provide your body with various health benefits like:
1. A whole body exercise
This exercise will not only help you tone the muscles in the legs, but it will also tone your shoulders, arms, back, legs and abs of course.
2. It burns calories
According to many studies, jumping rope for 10 minutes has been proven to have the same effect as running for about 30 minutes straight. This is because the cardiovascular amelioration and the number of calories that are burnt.
3. Ameliorates coordination
We have all jumped rope in our early childhood day, and because of this we know that it can be quite difficult thing to do. But this exercise can be highly beneficial in ameliorating the coordination, balance and the reflexes.
4. It is diverse
You can perform this exercise anyplace and anytime, on the beach, in the gym, in the garden or even at home.
Here is an extra advice for this exercise:
- Choose the perfect rope with proper length, handle and material. The best place to find it is in the sports stores.
- It doesn’t matter if you jump barefoot or with shoes without padding.
- It is important to keep your head and body in a straight line all the time, your elbows near your body and your knees bent.
- You need to use to wrists to spin the rope and not the arms.
- Remember to hold the rope handles with your fingers not the whole palms.
- You need to jump on your toes or front of the feet and make sure that your heels do not make contact with the floor. Remember not to jump very high, just to skip the rope.
- You should try something else like double turn, single leg jump or crossover when you get the routine.