25 million Americans unfortunately are affected by thyroid problems and they aren’t sure what they can and should do. Hypothyroidism, an under-active thyroid gland, is responsible for 90% of thyroid problems. This gland is located on the front of the neck and has butterfly-shaped . It’s crucial because releases specific hormones that regulate the body temperature, libido, etc. so, when their functioning is impeded, our health is in danger.
The Most Common Signs of Hypothyroidism
- Tendonitis, joint and muscle pain, and carpal tunnel syndrome
- Hoarseness, swollen neck, snoring,
- Depression and anxiety
- brittle nails, baldness, dry and cracked skin,
- Hormonal imbalance
- Weight gain
- in warm temperature cool hands and feet
- Memory loss and brain fog
How Does the Thyroid Work?
TRH and TSH hormones are this gland secretes. The production of T3 and T4 hormones in the gland are encouraged by the latter . When there is enough T4, it signals the gland not to secrete more. T4 creates around 85% an idle type of hormone unlike T3 is more dynamic. T4 is converted into T3, pivotal hormone in charge of digestion regulation, and the regulation of body temperature personality and many other functions. The most common kind of hypothyroidism is Hashimoto’s and it’s a dangerous autoimmune illness.
Hypothyroidism – commonly misdiagnosed?
Thyroid gland problems are difficult diagnose and this Problems with the thyroid can be spotted with an extensive research and testing is needed.
Optimal Value Ranges for Thyroid Tests
Lower (Armour or compounded T3 can artificially suppress TSH) TSH 1-2 UIU/ML
FT3 > 3.2 PG/ML
FT4 >1.1 NG/DL
ratio RT3:FT3, RT3 less than a 10:1
Negative or TgAb – < 4 IU/ML
How to Improve the Thyroid Function
- Use multivitamin supplements with iron, selenium, zinc, and B and D vitamins
- If you have Hashimoto’s try excluding gluten from your diet
- Use tyrosine and iodine supplements daily
- Filter the water you drink to remove fluoride bromide, , and chlorine from the body
- If you have replace amalgam fillings
- Do yoga or meditate to manage stress
- per night sleep 8 to 10 hours
- Do not consume cruciferous veggies too often