If going to the gym is too hard for you, or takes a lot of your precious time we have a really good solution for you. We will give you 5 chair exercises that are really effective in reducing belly fat even while sitting. We know that you are one of those people who spend most of their time sitting, so these are perfect for you. What is better than sitting at your office and still getting in shape?
According to some researches, average American has only 4 hours of free time daily. Most of those people spend these hours in front of the TV or computer. Keep in mind that these people are at higher risk of suffering from dementia, heart disease, diabetes, and even cancer. It can also inhibit fat metabolism causing the body to store energy as fat.
These are perfect for workaholics and women who have tight schedule. You will see a video where Denise Austin, an eminent fitness trainer describes and shows how to perform these exercises properly.
1. Knee Pull-Ins
- Take your chair and sit on the edge. Put your feet on the ground in front of you and keep them at hip’s width apart.
- You must keep you back straight and start drawing the belly button towards the spine.
- Start raising you right knee towards your chest and bring the arms toward the shin
- Alternating the knees, you should do 20 – 30 repetitions
2. Double Knee Lift
- Sit on the chair in a position where your knees are touching
- Hold your seat of the chair or put the hands and arms on the armrest
- Start lifting the knees to the chest while keeping your back straight
- Take your feet back on the ground and repeat it for 10 – 20 reps
3. Oblique Pull Ups
- Get back in the sitting position while resting the arms on the armrests
- Start leaning to one side of the chair to partially lift the bum of the seat
- Continue repeating the exercise by leaning to the other side
- Alternating sides, you should do 10 – 20 repetitions
4. Floor Reaches
- Sit tall on the chair and put the feet on the ground
- Put your arms straightened up to the sides at shoulder height
- Start the exercise by twisting the torso and leaning forward to touch the left toes with the right hand
- Repeat this again but touching the right toes with the left hand
- You should do 20 – 30 reps
5. Pull Up
- Take a chair without wheels and press it against a wall for better stability
- Put your arms on the armrests and start moving away from the chair and pushing yourself up off it
- Next start pulling up your knees using your abs
- Try to hold for as much as you can and then sit back on the chair very slowly