Pickle juice is probably the last thing that will pop on your mind when it comes to improving your health. But if you make a research you’ll be amazed that this juice is an amazing source of antioxidants, electrolytes, and other important nutrients. This will make you think twice before you throw it away.
If you include it in your diet, you will improve your overall health and prevent numerous health conditions.
We will give you 8 reasons why you shouldn’t throw away this juice.
Pickle Juice Health Benefits
1. Better than any sports drinks
After many researches, scientists have proven that pickle juice is really great as a sports drink. It contains sodium in levels that can restore electrolytes. This juice has been used not only by professional athletes, but in the emergency rooms treating patients in difficult cardiac too.
2. Prevents and treats muscle cramps
You can use pickle juice to relieve cramps and restore balance within 85 seconds. This is the reason why athletes drink pickle juice to treat and prevent muscle cramps.
3. Relieves restless leg syndrome (RLS)
Sometimes this syndrome can be really annoying. Try drinking just few ounces of this juice before sleeping and your problem will be gone. These is a need of more researches made over this statement, but it has been helpful for a lot of people.
4. Soothes upset stomachs
Heartburn and upset stomach can be relieved instantly by drinking pickle juice. If this doesn’t work for you, you can try a combination of honey and vinegar.
5. Prevents hangovers and covers alcohol odor
Now there is a cure for hangover, and its pickle juice! You can drink pickle juice to avoid alcohol breath and recover from hangover. This is because pickle juice has the ability to restore the balance of electrolytes.
6. Delivers antioxidants and nutrients
Drinking pickle juice can help you manage your weight and improve your health. It is helpful about these because it’s low in calories but high in calcium, vitamin C, and electrolytes. Because of its acidic content, nutrients and antioxidants are easily absorbed in the body.
How to drink pickle juice
It’s kind of hard to imagine drinking this juice right from the jar. This is why we give you some ways you can try drinking this healthy juice without being unpleasant.
- You can try adding a couple of ounces of pickle juice in your water or other shake you drink after workout
- You can use it as a dressing in tuna salad, egg salad, or any other place you think pickles would be a great fit
- If you want to avoid the pickle juice flavor at any cost, try adding a few tablespoons of the juiced in your yogurt
- Marinade is another great option, combine it with any marinade for your meat, fish, and poultry
Are there any side effects of consuming this juice?
There are no serious side effects that can occur because of this juice. But if you have some doubts, you should consult your doctor before trying this. You should only avoid pickle juice in these situations because it can aggravate certain existing conditions:
- If you follow a low sodium diet
- If you have genetic predispositions to gout or you suffer from gout avoid this juice because it can cause uric acid build-up
- If you are taking any medications, consult your doctor first before drinking pickle juice. Because of its acidic nature, pickle juice doesn’t go well with some medications. Even if your doctor says its ok to drink it, make sure you drink it enough time after taking the medication.
These are the conditions you should be careful and avoid drinking pickle juice. Otherwise, it’s completely natural and safe for consummation.
Two Other Uses
7. Soothes itchy skin
It is useful when it comes to irritated skin for instance from bug bites. You can apply a clean washcloth or cotton ball dipped in pickle juice. Be careful not to use it on broken skin.
8. Cares for your potted plants
If the leaves of your potted plants turn yellow, that means their soil’s pH is too alkaline. This is where pickle juice helps. Dilute two tablespoons of pickle juice in 2.5 cups of water, and apply this to the soil using a spray bottle. Spray only the soil, not the plant itself.