A lemon contains 64% of the daily recommended intake of vitamin C, while also containing phytochemicals such as polyphenols and terpenes. Many experts suggest that you should start the day with a glass of warm lemon water. To prepare it, boil some water, leave it to cool down and add some freshly squeezed lemon juice. A glass of warm lemon water in the morning can provide your body with essential nutrients and improve your overall health.
Lemon juice is rich in vitamins B and C, antioxidants, phosphorus, protein, volatile oils, flavonoids, carbs and potassium. The juice has powerful antibacterial and anti-vital properties which will strengthen your immune system and help it fight infections and diseases.
Starting your day with warm lemon water can improve your digestion, fight hunger cravings, stimulate weight loss and creates an alkaline environment in your body, effectively regulating your pH balance and reducing acidity.
Here are 15 health conditions helped by drinking lemon water in the morning
1. Helps Heal Acne – lemon water reduces the acidic temperament of the body and averts acne breakouts. Moreover, you can also wash your face with lemon water.
2. Appetite Suppression and Weight Loss -The vitamins and enzymes contained in lemons, regulate the blood sugar in order to maintain normal weight levels. Pectin fiber fight hunger cravings. Lemon juice is a digestive system best helper.
3. Flushes Out Kidney Stones – Lemons contain potassium, that elevates the citrate levels in the urine and prevents formation of oxalate.
4. Boosts your immune system – it is a great support to the lymphatic system and by that it helps to our immune system get rid of pathogens.
5. Gall Bladder Pain – Try drinking lemon water, if you have gall bladder stones. Drink it during your lunch. It will help you a lot.
6. Cold and Flu Remedy – We all know that lemons are rich in the natural antioxidant, vitamin C, which boosts the immune system and possesses antibacterial and antiviral properties. The best way to stay healthy during the winter period is to drink lemon water.
7. GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease) – According to one reader, two weeks of drinking lemon water has replaced the tums of candy.
8. Harder Finger Nails – lemon water increases hardness of nails and cleared up white spots on them.
9. Fights Off Food-Borne Illnesses – The best way to prevent food poisoning, when traveling or going on a holiday, is to drink lemon water.
10. Helps Deal With Fibromyalgia– If you combine lemon water and yoga stretches you will easily deal with exhaustion due to fibromyalgia.
11. Reduces Inflammation – Lemons neutralize acidity, because they have anti-inflammatory properties.
12. Relieves Sore Muscles After Exercise – After a hard workout, you should squeeze a lemon into a glass of water and say goodbye to the pain.
13. Reduces Joint Swelling And Pain – Lemon water aids in reducing uric acid in our joints.
14. Reduces Alcohol Cravings – Get rid of his alcohol craving by consuming lemon juices at parties.
15. Helps With Colitis– Colitis is the imbalance of acid/alkaline levels in the body and is easily cured by drinking a glass of lemon water on a daily basis, because in this way you bring your pH levels back into balance and reduce acidity.