When it comes to treating thyroid issues, the best way is to find the proper nutrients which can be of great help.Many activities in the body such as respiration, cholesterol levels, metabolism of fat and carbohydrates, brain development, menstrual cycles, and body temperature are controlled by the thyroid hormones.
Hyperthyroidism is a condition in which the thyroid gland produces more hormones than the body needs. Symptoms are high blood pressure, weight loss, diarrhea, and palpitations.
Hypothyroidism, on the other hand, is a condition in which the gland does not produce enough hormones. Symptoms in this condition are dry skin, fatigue, difficulty concentrating, and weight gain.
We present you a recipe which can help you to improve the function of your thyroid:
- 7 cups of filtered water
- 1 cup of cranberry juice
- 3/4 tablespoons of freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon of Ceylon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of dry ginger
Add the cranberry juice along with the spices in heated water and let it simmer for 20 minutes. Remove it from the heat, and let it cool. Then, add the orange and lemon juice. Drink this beverage on a daily basis.
How are the ingredient beneficial?
- Lemon and orange juice has vitamin C which is high in antioxidants that are very important for maintaining the health of thyroid gland.
- Ginger is full of magnesium which is excellent for controlling this condition
- Cinnamon has the ability to reduce inflammation, thus reducing the risk of hypothyroidism.
- Blueberries are packed with iodine which has a great role in the production of thyroid hormones.
In order to maintain the thyroid glands health, make sure to increase the intake of vitamin B12, D, and selenium.
- Fish and shellfish contain iodine, so make sure to eat one of them 4 times a week. Also, add ionized salt and seaweed.
- Visit your doctor regularly because these symptoms can be the same with symptoms of other diseases.
- Try not to use non-stick pans because the chemicals accumulated in them are related to thyroid disorders.
Be cautious while eating cruciferous vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower as they are “boclogenos” – contain chemical compounds that slow the thyroid activity.