Having a leg cramps is normal situation and most of the time is not causing any harm. It means muscles in legs are instantly feeling tight and pain occurs. Most of time this happens when people sleep and pain appears in calf or in thighs or feet. Pain wakes them up during the night people and pain goes away in couple of seconds or minutes. In some cases pain remains for the rest of the night.
Leg cramps vs. restless leg syndrome.
The two syndromes that appear in sleep a re common. They may be look to each other in this case, but in general are actually very distinct.
The syndrome of restless legs is not pain or cramping, but an inconvenience or crawling feeling in legs. Some moves that gives sense of relief of restless leg syndrome is situation which can’t happen during leg cramps.
THE FOLLOWING ARE THE REASONS OF APPEARANCE OF LEG CRAMPS:
- Certain medication
- Sitting for a longer period of time
- Standing on concrete floors
- Some exercises
- Sitting in a bad position
Neuromuscular disorders, dehydration, also endocrine disorders, as well as problems with the liver and Parkinson’s disease may give leg cramps.
HOW TO TREAT AND PREVENT THEM
THE FOLLOWING GIVES SOME ADVICES THAT WE WILL PROVIDE HELP IN THE FIGHT AGAINST LEG CRAMPS:
- Have a bath using warm water before going to bed
- Stretch the legs before sleeping
- Build leg muscles – dosome exercises in the water
- Consume magnesium and also potassium
- Wear ergonomic shoes
- Improve blood flow to the legs using horse chestnut
- Put a heating pad to the area with pain
IN ORDER TO CURE THOSE MUSCLE SPASM USE THESE HELPFUL TIPS:
- Sit on the floor, raise the legs in front of you
- Get a better stretch to make feet flexed
- Shake the legs in order to improve blood circulation
- Assure that covers and sheets are not tight
- Rub the area using roundabout movement
- Eat one tbsp of yellow mustard