In this article, we will discuss the causes of white tongue and few home remedies for white tongue treatment. Bad breath is something that everyone hates. Bad breath is the main symptom of white coated tongue. Having white patches or spots on the tongue is the result of white tongue. This article is about best home remedies for white tongue.
White tongue occurs when bacteria, food debris and dead cells coating it. There are some common factors that can lead to white tongue such as alcohol, smoking, medications and dehydration. The white layer on the tongue also forms due to sticky drinks, foods and artificial sweetener like bubble gums and candies. One of the most important thing is that you need to maintain oral hygiene to get rid of white tongue. Cleaning your tongue with a toothbrush and tongue cleaner is one the best way to treat white coated tongue. The white coated tongue can be cured easily by following some home remedies and natural remedies.
- Environmental irritants
- Illness or infection
- Poor oral hygiene
- Reaction to certain medications
- Tongue inflammation
Home Remedies for White Tongue Treatment:
There are many home remedies and natural remedies that will help to remove the white coating and keep your mouth healthy.
The healing properties and anti-inflammatory properties of aloe vera juice can help to treat problems. Aloe vera juice is an antimicrobial that kills bacteria that causes bad breath and white tongue as well.
Steps to Use Aloe Vera Juice to Treat White Tongue Naturally:
- Take 1 tbsp of aloe vera juice and put it in your mouth.
- Swish aloe vera juice in your mouth and spit it out.
- Then drink 1 tbsp of aloe vera juice.
- Repeat this home remedy few times a day for two weeks for effective results.
Salt is one of the best home remedies to clean white tongue. Salt helps to remove dead cells and debris due to its coarse nature that acts as a natural tongue scraper. Salt also contains antiseptic property that helps to kill bacteria that causes bad breath.
Steps to Use Salt to Cure White Coated Tongue:
- Take some salt and sprinkle it on your white tongue.
- Use a toothbrush to scrub it gently for a minute.
- Then, wash your mouth with warm water thoroughly.
- Repeat this process 2 times daily to get better results in a week.
- Alternatively, take 1 tsp of salt and mix it in a glass of warm water. Gargle with salt water and then spit it out.
Baking soda is one of the best home remedies for white tongue. It helps to remove the white layer from the tongue. Baking soda helps to get rid of residue sticking to the tongue due to its exfoliating nature. It also maintains the pH levels by neutralizing acids.
Steps to Use Baking Soda:
- Take little baking soda and lemon juice and mix it well to form a paste.
- Use toothbrush to brush your tongue with this paste.
- Rinse your mouth with this water.
- Do this process daily until you get the best results.
- Another method, you can also mix half tsp of baking soda in a glass of water. Use this solution for mouth rinse twice daily to treat bad breath and white tongue.
Turmeric is the effective home remedy for white tongue. It prevents the growth of bacteria on the tongue due to its powerful antibacterial properties.
Steps to Use Turmeric:
- Take a half tsp of turmeric powder and lemon juice. Mix both the ingredients to make a paste. Rub this turmeric paste on your white coated tongue for a few minutes. Then, use warm water to rinse your mouth properly. Do this remedy for some days.
- You can also add half tsp of turmeric powder to a glass of water. Gargle with this turmeric solution two times a day for healthy tongue.
Probiotics are one of the best home remedies for white tongue which is caused by the growth of bacteria and candida fungus. Probiotics contain an antibacterial compound that helps to control the growth of fungi and bacteria in the mouth.
Steps to Use Probiotics:
- Add the powder of one probiotic capsule in a little water. Brush your teeth and use this solution for mouthwash, swallowing and swishing. Then drink some water. Repeat this home remedy once in a week to get rid of bad breath.
- You can also include yogurt with live cultures in your meal.
- Alternatively, take probiotic supplements 3 times a day.