We all know that refined sugar is extremely addictive. Once we start consuming it, there is no stopping. This was proven by many studies that sugar addiction can have the same effects on the brain like the drug addiction has.
This can be really hard to stop, and it is most difficult especially in cases when our body and digestive tract become overwhelmed with yeast, candida, parasites, and sugar-loving bacteria. But, in order to successfully prevent these cravings, you should undergo an actual detox process. And with this according to many studies, natural method like peppermint essential oil can really help you.
It was proven that inhaling peppermint directly can affect the satiety center, the ventromedial nucleus of the hypothalamus that is responsible for stimulating a sensation of fullness after every meal.
Peppermint essential oil
We can say that peppermint is a hybrid mint. It is something between water mint and spearmint. And in the past few years, this mint has been widely grown in many religions around the world. Peppermint oil has become the most popular essential oil that can provide your body with a lot of therapeutic benefits. These benefits can be relieving indigestion and improving the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome. This can also decrease tuberculosis induced inflammation, clear up phlegm, ease herpes infections, prevent asthma, manage stress, and even treat nervous disorders.
Homemade peppermint oil
- Fresh peppermint leaves you will buy in health food stores or supermarkets.
- Carrier oil, preferably olive oil.
- A glass jar with a tight lid.
- First of all you should wash the peppermint leaves and crush or chop them.
- Combine the leaves with the carrier oil in the glass jar.
- Seal the jar and let it stay for 24 hours like that.
- When the time has passed, strain the oil and add more of the ingredients and again reseal.
- Continue repeating this procedure for another 5 days.
- Remove the leaves and then transfer the oil in another container.
- Keep the container in a cool place.
Uses of peppermint essential oil
- It can reduce gas and bloating.
- It can promote proper respiratory function of the body.
- It has been widely used in oral health products.
- It can promote digestive health.
- It has been used to relieve upset stomach with taking a few drops in a Veggie Capsule.
- It can act like refreshment with a few drops in your smoothie.
- It can diffuse when feeling low on energy or fatigued.
- It can boost energy by rubbing it on temples in the morning.
- It has been used as a refreshment of breath by putting a drop in the mouth.