You may have not been aware until now, but we’re here to tell you that there is actually a fruit adored by many which can help you protect your cardiovascular health! It`s augmenting nitric oxide supports the functioning of endothelial cells that line the arterial walls. In simpler words, this fruit is able to unclog and clean your arteries according medical researches!
A recent study on pomegranates showed that pomegranate juice may help fight hardening of the arteries. According to researchers, pomegranate juice is an anti-oxidant juice and may reverse the progression of this disease but also prevents the hardening of the arteries by reducing blood vessel damage.
Here, we’re offering you 9 more benefits:
- It decreases the inflammation because it possesses anti-inflammatory properties.
- Pomegranate juice regenerates the liver after it has been damaged.
- It also reduces the bad LDL cholesterol levels.
- It’s rich in vitamin C and in that way it can fight any kind of infections.
- Researches claim that if you consume pomegranates regularly, they’ll be able to help you against prostate cancer, breast cancer, diabetes and lymphomaeffectively.
- It’s great for your teeth because of the antibacterial compounds that can help you prevent dental plaque.
- Pomegranate will help you reduce body fat. According to a study conducted by the University of Edinburgh pomegranates can help you reduce visceral fat which is actually the most dangerous kind of fat.
- According to a study published by the Pediatric Research if you drink pomegranate juice during pregnancy, it will help you protect newborns’ brains during traumatic births.
- Pomegranate also protects the DNA because it is abundant in phytonutrients and antioxidants that interact with your DNA so that they can protect it.
How to select?
You should know that a ripe pomegranate should feel heavy for the size it has. It shows that its seeds are full and juicy. You should always look for an angular shape and firm skin. Good pomegranate is without any cuts or blemishes and has a rich color.
How to store?
You should store this fruit at a cool and dry place for up to one month. If you keep it in the fridge, it will last you for about 2 months approximately.
How to prepare?
First, you have to slice off the top. Score the skin in quarters and open it up. Then, put each quarter underwater and ream the seeds from the inside using your fingers. The seeds will sink, and the white membrane will float. The seeds should remain if you pour off the membranes. You can eat these seeds as fruit, but you can also use them for salads or numerous other recipes!