If you’ve tried almost every diet that exists, you should definitely try this one. This oatmeal diet is not like any other restricted diets. You just need to follow it for 30 days and you will lose a significant amount of weight. And the best thing is that oatmeal has great benefits for your overall health.
In order to understand just how healthy oatmeal is look at the list of nutritional value of just one cup. And one cup of cooked oatmeal is about 234g and in that meal you get:
- 2g fat (o.5 saturated)
- 0% cholesterol
- 115mg sodium
- 143mg potassium (4% of daily value)
- 27g carbs
- 4g dietary fiber (16% of daily value)
- 1g sugar
- 6g protein
- 20% daily value of vitamin A
- 18% daily value of calcium
- 77% daily value of iron
- 15% daily value of magnesium
- 35% daily value of vitamin B6
Five reasons to eat oatmeal every day
These are the reasons why eating oatmeal is good for your health. Even if you are not on this diet, you should still eat oatmeal every day. Oatmeal even has its National Oatmeal day on October 29.
- Oatmeal can help your body lower cholesterol and stabilize the blood sugar levels because it contains soluble and insoluble fiber. This nutrient can also improve your intestinal health and help you have a healthy bowel movement.
- It contains only 150 calories and it has a moderate amount of protein. Oatmeal is very easy and healthy breakfast. As we all know, protein is required to help you start the day. You can improve the protein intake from oatmeal by adding some almonds, nuts or bananas to it.
- Just look at the nutrition facts and you will see that you need oatmeal every day. Oatmeal will help you get the important intake of minerals like iron, magnesium, potassium, and small amounts of selenium, thiamin, zinc and manganese.
- The natural oatmeal is gluten-free. This makes it perfect for people allergic to gluten. But be careful and check the label before you buy it.
- The fiber content will help you feel full for a longer period of time. This is why oatmeal is good for losing and controlling weight.
Basic oatmeal diet
The basic oatmeal diet consists of consuming oatmeal for 30 days. In these 30 days your diet will be separated in three phases where you need to consume at least two servings of oatmeal daily. It is important to use whole oatmeal and avoid the instant oatmeal at least for the first seven days.
In the first phase your diet is made of only oatmeal and nothing else. For 7 days you need to eat only oatmeal. It may be hard to survive this but you should consume ½ cup of oatmeal for each meal and add ½ cup of skim milk.
You need to avoid work out during the first phase because your calorie intake is really low. You’ll consume only between 900 and 1,200 calories per day.
You can call this phase the main oatmeal diet. In this period you will consume ½ cup of oatmeal three times daily. You can have a regular diet as well and you can also consume instant oatmeal.
Fruits, nuts and raw vegetables can be a part of your oatmeal. In this phase your daily calorie intake should be between 1,000 and 1,300.
When the 30 days pass you can fully return to your normal diet. You should limit the intake of fats during the first week after returning to the normal diet.
Another thing is that you should continue consume oatmeal in order to control and balance you weight. At least one main oatmeal dish and one snack per day.
One-day diet plan and foods you can add
This is a one-day diet plan that will show you how your diet should be. You can find here some foods that you can add to your diet. But remember that you can only use these foods in phase #2.
- Chicken breasts
½ cup of oatmeal with ½ cup of skim milk is the perfect breakfast you should have. To spice the things a little, you can add a tablespoon of raisings and ½ teaspoon of cinnamon to the oatmeal. A cup of tea is also recommended.
If you want to have a morning snack, you should consume either ½ cup of blueberries, one medium apple, one orange, or one grapefruit.
The afternoon snack should be with some raw vegetable sticks like celery and carrots. Another great food for your afternoon snack are almonds.
And the last is the best, for your evening snack you can eat a sugar-free pudding.
Lunch is also made of ½ cup of oatmeal. But the only thing that is changed is that you need to add ½ cup of yogurt instead of skim milk. Fruit, like one banana or a cup of strawberries can also be in your oatmeal lunch.
Because your breakfast and lunch were with oatmeal, for your dinner you can get some meat. A cup of raw vegetables combined with a fish filler, chicken breasts, or turkey breasts, along with some rice can be a prefect dinner.
Every possible diet is a challenge for us and our body. And the oatmeal diet is also challenging. Here the main challenge is the seven first days because you can only eat oatmeal with skim milk. Many people quit during the phase #1.
But, the good thing about this diet is that it provides a good source of carbs. Fad diets and not good for the dieter are considered the ones that exclude all healthy foods but one in the first days.
Another challenge of his diet is the low-calorie intake. When you are following this diet you get only 1,300 calories daily which is way lower that the standard 2,00 calories for men and 1,600 for women. Also, you will get bored with eating oatmeal every day and that’s why you need to spice it up with fruits.
How to spice your oatmeal
Here you can see some ideas how to spice your oatmeal. This will help you cope with the main challenge of variety. Try these tips and make you oatmeal fun and interesting.
- To boost the health benefits of your breakfast, just add a tablespoon of flaxseeds.
- You can a serving of raw walnuts in your oatmeal. Walnuts are the most nutrient-dense nuts you can find. They are full with omega-3 fatty acids and will be a perfect addition to your breakfast.
- To naturally sweeten your oatmeal you can add frozen fruits.
- Try changing the milk you use. For instance instead of skim milk you can add almond milk. Not only it’s tastier but it’s healthier because it has high amounts of calcium.
- You can also add some protein powder to boost your protein intake. If you are one of those who exercise in the morning, this breakfast will be the best thing.
Types of oatmeal
As you’ve already read, the first seven days you can only consume whole oatmeal. The difference between instant and whole oatmeal is that the instant ones are more processed. This makes your body to digest them quickly and easily which can lead to a quick rise in blood sugar levels.
On the other hand, the instant oatmeal has a higher glycemic index, while the whole ones have a low glycemic index. So think about it, if you want to lose weight you should consume the whole oatmeal because it will help you lose more weight.
https://ritely.com/ – Original Article Source