If body is acidic, it means probably body has high levels of acid in fluids. Its alkalinity is the whole capacity of body fluids- blood, urine, and saliva- to neutralize the acids. Acidic levels must be kept at specific range in order to prevent harming of body.
The levels of hydrogen-ions is something known as pH, also as “potential hydrogen.” The pH scale has range from 0 to 14. If body fluids have higher pH it means they have more oxygen and are alkaline. On the opposite of this, if body fluids have lower pH-means they have less oxygen-more acids. Normal levels of pH, 7.0 are considered the neutral level.
Optimal pH levels of the body fluids:
-Blood pH = 7.35-7.45
-Saliva pH = 7.0-7.5
-Urine pH = 4.6-8.0
If these levels are lower, or one of them, that means body is acidic.
Symptoms that indicate body acidity-how to regulate the alkaline balance as well:
If body is not alkalized, waste product is trapped inside organism and leads to forming excess waste. So, acidity gets attached to fat cells and sticks around and that is making you gain weight even more.
If there is too much acidity, important minerals are wasted from organs and tissues also to keep organism active, which ultimately leads to brittle bone structure. One of minerals withdrawn from bones is calcium which leads to osteopenia or osteoporosis.
Since teeth are a bone structure, it happens the same as with the other bones-t low pH levels in mouth might lead to demineralization of tooth enamel. That makes teeth sensitive to cold or hot or bleeding gums may occur.
Body acidity makes body prone to viruses, fungi and bacteria- microorganisms develop in acidic conditions. It creates weak immunity and exhausts the body. It harms enzymes and hormones and causes body irregularities, such as fatigue.
Acidity harms the skin immensely by impairs the blood flow and skin cannot get rid of toxins through sweating and rashes, acne, eczema and allergies occurs.
When organism is acidic, nasal passage cannot throw out the mucus and it remains trapped inside the body.
High acidity level results in constricted muscles- means that oxygen cannot be transferred through the blood vessels properly and muscles lack oxygen which leads to pain and soreness.
Tiredness and exhaustion, insomnia, indicates low pH levels due to lack of calcium.
Couple of things you can do to prevent body acidity.
- Hydration- make sure to drink plenty of healthy fluids to avoid acidity- to encourage digestive tract and prevent illnesses.
- Warm Lemon Water- Lemon may be acidic in flavor, but it alkalizes the body and is the best cure for regulating the pH levels in your body.
- Green Leafy Vegetable- increase consumption cucumber, broccoli, arugula, kale, spinach, \ green peppers, collards, green asparagus, chard, zucchini, lettuce, artichokes, and celery tol fix any acidity problems instantly.
- Stop Consuming Highly Acidic Products- avoid alcohol, soft drinks, caffeine, processed junk foods, processed meats, artificial and processed sugars.
- In order to keep bones strong and you muscles operative just increase intake of calcium and magnesium, as this is going to keep your teeth, heart, and nervous system in check.Consume more dark leafy green veggies, seafood (salmon, mackerel), and grain cereals..
- Organic Foods- no GM foods should be on menu-ever, as they are full of toxins.