Many years ago, spices have been used as a trading piece. The reason behind this is their medical uses. Today, we use all kinds of spices manly for cooking, and we almost never get curious about their medical benefits. Because of this we will present you the benefits of the best spice which is black pepper.
We don’t use spices as a currency anymore, but we can start using their medical benefits for change. They can be really good for us especially in a form of essential oil.
Black pepper essential oil health benefits:
We can get a lot of remedial properties from this essential oil. These can be: antibacterial, antiseptic, antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, carminative, diaphoretic, diuretic, expectorant, febrifuge, laxative, rubefacient, stimulant, and a lot more.
Here are some great uses of this oil:
- Antibacterial activity: The antibacterial properties in black pepper can help you fight against insect bites and other infections. And if you consume this spice regularly you can cleanse the arteries and reduce the risk of atherosclerosis.
- Antioxidant activity: The damage that has been done by free radicals can be prevented or repaired with black pepper. It can also protect against liver problems, cardiovascular disease and even cancer.
- Good for the stomach:Black pepper can increase the secretion of hydrochloric acid in your stomach and that can improve the digestion. And our body needs healthy digestion in order to prevent colic, constipation and diarrhea. It can even prevent the formation of intestinal gas and it promotes urination and sweating in order to remove the toxic matter from the body.
- Neurological health:One of the major compound of black pepper, piperine, can reduce cognitive malfunction and memory impairment.
- Respiratory relief: It may sound strange but pepper can relieve nasal congestion and sinusitis because of its ability to dissolve mucus and phlegm in the respiratory tract.
- Skin health:You can even cure vitiligo with black pepper because it stimulates the production of pigment.
- Weight loss: The outer layer of the peppercorn can be used to stimulate the breakdown of fat cells and can be ideal for blasting fat and shedding weight in a healthy natural weight.
You need to remember that the benefits of this essential oil can depend on the way it is consumed. You can use this oil to ingest it, inhale it, or apply it topically. In order to help you choose the best way to use we will explain you three ways of using black pepper essential oil:
Black pepper essential oil has been mostly used to relax the body. But it can also relax the mind too. It can help us ease mental stress and help people deal with stress of smoking cessation. This happens when we inhale it combined with aromatically oils like lavender and juniper.
When we add black pepper to BBQ, or our steak sauce, it can provide us with sesquiterpenes, which is potent antioxidant that can promote urination and sweating. We need to have these processes active in order to eliminate the toxins from our body. The use of this oil can also increase the bile in the stomach and that can help break down the food and ensure healthy digestion.
Along with carrier oil, black pepper oil when used topically can help relax the muscles and alleviate cramps and pulls. It has antispasmodic properties that can alleviate cramps, while the antioxidant properties can remove the uric acid from the blood. This can be really beneficial for people that suffer from gout, arthritis, and rheumatism.