Tea tree oil or Melaleuca oil is an essential oil obtained from the leaves of Melaleuca alternifolia. It contains 92 different components and also ranges in color from clear to pale yellow. The plant is characterized by fresh, camphor-like smell and grow like a shrub or as a tree. It is native to Australia, Southeast Queensland, Northeast coast of New South Wales.
In the 1920s, an Australian researcher Arthur Penfold encouraged him to commence the commercial tea tree industry. The most important is Melaleuca alternifolia among the eight species of tea tree grown for their oil.
Melaleuca has purifying properties. In order to promote a sensation of clearer airways Australian Aboriginals used to crush the leaves and inhale the vapors and also they put the crushed leaves onto the skin as a bandage, while reaping its cooling benefits.
Melaleuca promote a healthy complexion. You can clean your home`s surfaces and be protected from any environmental threats. It can promote strong immune system when taken orally.
Melaleuca alternifolia possess following remedial properties
- Tissue regenerative
- Immune stimulant
The Magic Tea Tree Oil: Surprising Uses for Tea Tree Oil At Home
- After having a shower apply to toenails and fingernails to keep them looking nice and healthy
- To promote healthy complexion add a few drops to your facial cleanser
- To irritated skin apply a drop or two oil like almond oil, jojoba oil, or coconut oil
- To prepare a homemade hand sanitizer mix 30 drops of tea tree oil with 10 drops of clove oil, lavender oil, and 8 oz of aloe Vera gel
- To prepare a DIY all-purpose cleanser add a couple of drops to water in a spray bottle.
- Rub a couple of drops of tea tree oil to eliminate bacteria from you toothbrush
- Add a few drops to a diffuser to purify larger area
- To promote clear breathing put a drop of tea tree oil into the palms, bring them under the nose, and inhale the vapors.
- To 4 ounces of water dilute a drop of tea tree oil
- To boost your immunity add a drop to water, warm tea, veggie cap , citrus beverage with olive or coconut oil
- Additional Uses
- Vaginal infections
- Cold sores
- Bacterial infections
- Fungal infections
- Congestion and respiratory tract infections
- Insect bites and stings
Note: Avoid contact with sensitive areas with inner ears, eyes and keep out of reach of children. Consult your doctor before using it if you are under doctor`s care, pregnant, or nursing.