Walking is considered to be one of the easiest, but yet most effective exercises. It can definitely help you improve your health and tone your muscles while at the same time, you’re losing weight.
But, people don’t actually know that walking can be extremely effective when it comes to losing weight. You can even lose a pound or more weekly and even 20 pounds in 5 months! That’s without a specific diet regimen or any workout.
Your health will be improved and your muscles will be toned with the help of walking. But, you must be aware and know some important principles when it comes to losing weight with the help of walking.
Two factors determine the number of calories burnt during walking: the walking place as well as your body weight. Here’s an example: you can burn 400 calories in 1 hif you walk with an average speed of 4 miles per hour. You’ll lose additional 300 calories with only 3 miles more.
You can help yourself while walking with a daily plan and a pedometer. You’ll see that you’ll obtain the best results.
The pedometer or wristband helps you monitor the daily exercises. It will also increase the chances to achieve the effects you wish to achieve. It isn’t heavy and you can wear it near the hips. It will count the steps you have made throughout the whole day.
This will help you know how many more steps you need so that you can lose weight.
For example, it you make 7,000 steps a day and you still do not notice any weight loss, you can solve the issue mathematically and discover how you can add the mileage as per a number of calories you should burn.
Most of the people should make 2.000 steps in a mile in order to burn calories. 100 calories are usually burnt in a mile. Here’s how professionals explain it:
- 1 Mile = 2.000 steps and 100 calories burned
- 1 Pound = 3.500 calories
- Losing 1 Pound of weight a week = 500 calories a day
- 10000 steps a day will help you lose 1 pound in a week
Start slowly and then increase the number of steps gradually. Here, we’re offering you some tips that will help you reach the necessary 2,000:
- You can walk with your children to school
- Do not use a taxi or a bus, but walk
- Park the car far away from the place you are heading
- Use the stair instead of the elevator
- You can walk to your home or work, or get off the bus on the halfway
Some pedometers can tell the number of pounds you have lost and also the number of burnt calories which can stimulate you additionally. Try to find a good-quality pedometer that will record all the steps and all the calories you burnt. Only that will help you control your achievements, but also boost the process of weight loss.
Here, we’re also offering you tips that can help you make the routine even more exciting and interesting:
- Change the routine and walk in different parks, areas, and neighborhoods
- Listen to your favorite music because it will motivate you to keep walking
- Change the track constantlyand enjoy new sites while walking because you will make your walks an interesting journey in nature
- Purchase a treadmill when it is cold outside and you can also enjoy and watch a movie or your favorite TV series while walking
- Invite a friend to join you while walking once or twice a week. It will make your walking a less boring daily task!
These tips can really help you and boost the effects of the exercise.
So, concentrate your eyes on 100 feet forward. Then, tighten the abdomen in the same direction with the spine and after this, squeeze the glutes. This will improve the effects dramatically.
Your doctor will probably be able to tell you how much is enough. You’ll also know which exercises will be healthy for you.
Here’s our suggestion: start by walking three times a week for 15-20 minutes. Then, raise the routinegradually. The best would be to walk 30-60 minutes every day of the week. You’ll see how you’ll be able to achieve outstanding results completely naturally and without any diet!