Four blood type categories can be found among all of us. Each of the blood types tells a different story of an individual’s ancestry. Blood types can also tell us what foods are the best, and even what exercises can be best results for our mind, body and soul.
According to their first letters the four principle types are: A is for Agrarian, is for Bavarian, O is for Original hunter, and AB is the modern blood type that has the best immune system. Despite these four groups, another 400 subcategories for blood types can be found and all of them determine an individual’s health profile. In this article you can learn and start understanding your health in relation to your blood type.
Foods that can benefit your blood type:
- Blood type A: This is the blood type that can have vegetarian based diet with fish, chicken and yogurt. Legumes, spicy foods, dehydration and coffee should be avoided.
- Blood type B: Things that suit this type are dairy, mutton, fish, vegetables, tea and grains. But, alcohol, preservatives and excessive noise are the one you should avoid.
- Blood type O: Avoid dairy, processed foods and over-eating. Keep your focus on meat, fish, vegetables, and fasting.
- Blood type AB: The modern blood type can digest anything efficiently. But the best things to eat should be organic, fresh live foods, and avoid the fried foods because they take away the energy.
Blood type and the personality:
- Blood type A: organized, leaders, efficient, compassionate
- Blood type B: flexible, friendly, action oriented, meditative
- Blood type O: assertive, attentive, empathetic, practical
- Blood type AB: calm, strong, forward thinking, rational
Blood type and stress:
- Blood type A: It takes longer for this type to recover from stress and it’s highly susceptible to high cortisol. Drinking a lot of water will help these people to calm down.
- Blood type B: They are mostly calm, but can have extreme swing to high levels of cortisol. Here the breathing helps to return to harmony.
- Blood type O: Because of their primordial ancestry, they are susceptible to an outburst of anger. To restore the peace they need to visualize something peaceful.
- Blood type AB:This blood type can handle stress very well. But when frustrated activity like walking will help to release the tension.
Blood type and excess fat:
- Blood type A: This type accumulates fats from meats and sugars
- Blood type B: Fried foods and breads are the enemy here
- Blood type O: Irregular eating gives extra fat to this type
- Blood type AB: Inactivity is the main reason for fat
Blood type and mate:
- RH Factor can be counted as the second most important blood group system. After ABO consist of 50 defined blood-group antigens where D, C, c, E, e are the 5 most important ones. They are also known as RH factor, RH Positive, RH Negative which refers to the D antigen only.
- RH Positive has the D antigen
- RH Negative doesn’t have the D antigen
In pregnancy, the RH factor can cause some complications:
- Hemolytic Disease – this happens with breakdown of red blood cells
- Erythroblastosis Fetalis – this happens with producing immature red blood cells in the fetus
These complications can happen when the father of the fetus has blood type that is incompatible with the blood type of the mother. For example if the mother is RH negative and the father is RH positive.
In this case the mother has to receive an injection called RhoGAm or Rho (D) which is a sterile solution that is made from human blood plasma. This injection is received at 28 weeks of gestation and within 72 hours after birth to avoid the development of antibodies from the mother towards the fetus. It contains PH positive blood,the mothers’ body then detects these antibodies and reacts as though the immune system had already taken action against the “foreign” Rh-positive red blood cells. In that way the mothers’ immune system does not attack the fetus.
Blood types and transfusions:
1. Blood types compatibility:
- AB is known as the universal blood type receiver, but it can only donate to the same AB type
- A can receive blood from A or O types, and it can donate to A or AB
- B receives blood from B or O, and can donate to B or AB
- O receives only from the same type O, but is known as the universal blood donor
- Some people that have O RH D negative blood type are often called universal donors, and the ones that have AB RH D positive are the universal recipients
2. Plasma compatibility:
- AB receives plasma only from AB, but can donate plasma to any blood group and is the universal donor
- A can only receive plasma from A and B, and can donate to A and O
- B receives from B and AB, and donates to B and O
- O is known as the universal plasma receiver, and can only donate to O
- The type O plasma contains both anti-A and anti-B antibodies. This is why it can only be given to O recipients. On the other hand, AB plasma can be donated to patients of any ABO group because it doesn’t contain any anti-A or anti-B antibodies.
Featured image source: