We all know that butter is made from pasteurized milk, and we’ve used it at some point. But, the butter has nothing in its composition that is healthy. We can guarantee you that you never thought of making a homemade organic butter.
The organic butter is very healthy and it contains many of the vitamins and minerals that are found in raw milk. When comparing the store bought butter and the homemade organic butter, the homemade has a lot of healthy benefits that you really need to get. The health of your eyes, tissues, membranes, teeth, and skin depends on the vitamin A that is found in the organic butter. It also has a critical role in gene transcription. If we talk about all the conditions in which butter can help, then cancer is one of them because butter comprises short and medium chain fatty acids.
Organic Butter Recipe
- 2 cups organic heavy cream
- Sea salt, to taste
The process of making organic butter is easy. The first thing you need to do is put the heavy cream in a food processor and let it work for about 10 minutes. After the time is passed you will get a thick whipped cream. Don’t stop processing until the mixture divides into butter and buttermilk. When you’ve come to this point drain the buttermilk from the butter.
Put the butter into a colander and strain off the buttermilk. Then, rinse the butter, turning it with a spoon while the cold water runs over until it runs clear.
After you’ve finished with cleaning the butter, squeeze liquid from it with a wooden spoon and pour off the liquid. The last step is to put the butter that you’ve made into a jar and keep it in a cold place like the fridge. The homemade butter has a long lofe and can last a couple of months before going bad.
Feel free to be creative and create amazing compound butter for your kids. MotherEarthLiving.com recommends the following combinations with unsalted butter:
- Maple syrup, orange zest, and blueberries
- Chopped fresh, or dried cranberries, orange zest, and snipped fresh sage
- Lemon zest and snipped parsley
- Chopped kalamata olives and feta cheese
- Snipped fresh Thai basil, chopped garlic, and chopped, drained, pickled ginger
- Lime zest, Sriracha or hot sauce, and snipped fresh cilantro
- Grated parmesan cheese and snipped fresh basil
- Grated ginger and sesame oil
- Chopped pecans and honey
- Coarsely ground black pepper and sea salt